Monday, September 12, 2011

Sunday Drive

Every weekend lately seems to be a blur of housework, gardening and maintenance so about the middle of last week I asked Dean if we could go for a drive out to Lake Douglas and have a picnic lunch on Sunday.
I woke up yesterday and made up some rolls and a fruit platter for us and we set off to Lake Douglas which is a man made lake about 10kms out of Kalgoorlie-Boulder. 
After turning off the main highway onto a gravel road with a convoy of other cars in front and behind us (of which every one seemed to have a dirt bike or 4 wheeler in tow), I could feel Dean tensing up and he started complaining about the off road bikes, the noise, the dust etc. so when he said "We should go to Coolgardie and have a look around", I agreed and we turned around and promptly left Lake Douglas and all the bikes.
We ended up doing a 220km "Sunday Drive" to Coolgardie, Rowles Lagoon (which sounds like a lovely place but due to no water is just flat brown dirt), Ora Banda, Broad Arrow and finally back to Kalgoorlie-Boulder.
I took my camera with us but after taking 3 pictures realised that my battery was about to go flat so I could probably only get one more shot in.  I wanted a photo of both of us so I quickly threw the camera on the bonnet of ute, set the self timer and ran like the wind to get back on the picnic table (looking relaxed and at ease) before our picture was taken.
Here it is (please note that the angle of the photo is due to the bonnet not being flat!!).



After a bit of a rough start, we had the most wonderful time and Dean was so enthused by the time we got home he went straight down the shed and made up a tripod to hold a billy over a campfire so I can have a cuppa next time we go out bush......I wonder if he could whip up a tripod for my camera.........
Love Nic xxx

1 comment:

  1. self timer ha ha ha i love the shot at least you have a whole body !!

    ReplyDelete